Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brenna Leigh Heyeck


Brenna Leigh Heyeck
Born an angel December 11, 2010
7 pounds, 20 inches
Phoenix, Arizona

For Brenna…I Know You

I know you.

You are the little girl I cradled next to my heart for months, and waited for for years.

You are the one I spoke to, shopped for, held my breath for, so I could better hear that strong little heart beat at every check up.

I know you.

You are the little girl I played Mommy to all those years ago, all those times I gently held my baby dolls in my arms and danced around my little bedroom.

I know you.

You are the little sister to a big brother who doesn’t understand why you’re not here after all.

You are the little girl that Daddy had already begun worrying about keeping away from boys who wouldn’t possibly deserve you.

You are the little girl I was going to have tea parties with, whose hair I couldn’t wait to curl, whose eyes I knew would dance.

I know you.

You are my sweet angel girl, who I ache to cradle once again. Who I held so briefly and never want to let go.

I know you.

Because I am your Mommy.

And I love you more than I can begin to say.

And I always will.

And, one day, I will see you again, and I will sweep you up in my arms, and I will know it’s you.

And you will know me.

Because you are mine.

2 Send Your Love Here:

Lisahodge said...

I love what you have wrote for your little angel... truly beautiful, so sorry for your loss of your baby girl x x x

Eboni said...

I hope Victoria is being as good a friend to Brenna as you have been to me. I bet they helped each other paint their sunsets. The thought of it is really sweet to me. Sending my love to you and your family...