Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Jayden



Jayden
Jayden was 10 weeks old.
He came into this world on November. 20 2008
and got his wings on January 29 2009
while at his Grammy's house in Mesquite Texas.

Jayden was a borrowed angel and the day he was needed in Heaven my heart shattered.

I am wearing a pair of shoes
They are ugly shoes, uncomfortable shoes
I hate my shoes.

Each day I wear them
and each day I wish
I had a different pair.

Some days my shoes hurt so bad
That I do not think I can
Take another step.

Yet,
I continue to wear them.
I get funny looks wearing these shoes.

They are looks of sympathy.
I can tell in others eyes they are glad
They are my shoes and not theirs.

They never talk about my shoes.
To learn how awful my shoes are
Might make them uncomfortable.

To truly understand these shoes
You must walk in them.

But,
Once you put them one
You can never take them off.

I now realize that I'm not the only one
Who wears these shoes.
There are many pair
In this world.

Some people are like me and
Ache daily as they
Try to walk in them.

Some have learned how to
Walk in them so they
Don't hurt quiet as much.

Some have worn the shoes so long
That days will go by before
They think about how much they hurt.

No person deserves
To wear these shoes.

Yet,
Because of these shoes I am a stronger person
These shoes gave me the strength to face anything.

They have made me
Who I am.

I will forever walk in the shoes
Of a parent who has lost a child.







1 Send Your Love Here:

Amanda Christie said...

Thank you so much Carly. This is absolutely beautiful.