Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rachel Elise and Amryn Nicole


Rachel Elise

Born September 23, 2003

Died on December 1, 2003

Amryn Nicole

Born November 8, 2007

Died January 4, 2008.


Amryn

My Mother and my Father, what have you given me?

Do you ask yourselves that question,

with grief building by degree?

Think not one moment on an answer

that Evil doubts might give.

Instead hear now your daughter

and know there's nothing to forgive.

You gave me life that grew inside you.

You gave me care each day.

I felt your growing anticipation,

the excitement and the preparation.

I had the prayers for my well-being -

Not a word ever missed by a God all-seeing.

I was given entry into a world our Father made with pride,

I've known the warmth of sunshine,

a fresh breeze upon my face,

and the full, round, sound of laughter

as I was carried at your side.

I knew the sweet caress of water,

the softness of fresh towels,

the gentleness in your touch,

and the smell of skin and closeness,

that would comfort me so much.

I understood tenderness through your kisses,

and in the whispers of your voice.

I knew belonging in the sound of siblings, the safety of a bed,

and the nourishment from your body,

when early I was fed.

The soothing of your touches brought the stilling of my cries.

And all the while the daily cries of congregations,

sent petitions to the throne,

wrapping me in the prayers of hundreds, among whom I belong,

through water and the blessing - to an eternity of song.

Yet you could not give me perfect health,

for it was not yours to give.

But you know I have not died.

I've just begun to live.

His grace gives faith that stands secure

as my ship leaves this life's shores.

As while in grief your sorrows may speak,

"She leaves, and we look on her no more,"

hands were already reaching out for me,

and a voice across the waters was speaking loud and strong

"Welcome all, this my child, for here her life belongs."

And since I've left you father,

and since I've left you, mother,

I've known the entrance into Heaven.

I've known the Light of all the world.

I've felt God's breath of life upon my face,

and heard the sound of heavenly chorus,

while safe in Jesus' arms of grace.

I'm welcomed into the membership, of a throng of faith,

and receive blessings from the millions,

that have already run their race.

I've been embraced by generations that passed on ahead of me,

and been brought to meet my sister Rachel,

both of us sorrows-free.

I've been told that safely somewhere there is kept a book,

older than time, and into which, only God can look.

Among its many pages, I know your two names are there

and just below them 'Amryn,' I AM wrote with care.

These names are there for all eternity,

written by a God, who every detail knew

and He chose to give me all these things,

as only His sovereign will can do.

So how can I ever thank you?

My parents do you see...

what God in boundless grace was pleased,

through you,

to give to me?

By Martin Vanwoudenberg


0 Send Your Love Here: