Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Sabrina Hope



Sabrina Hope
Born May 20th 2009
Healed in Heaven August 8th 2009

Haiti

God Chose Me


God chose me to hold you close
Sweet baby for a moment or two
God chose me to hold his angel
and I cherish the day He gave me you

I held you child for 9 whole months
The dreams I had may never be known
But I loved you baby I promise you that
I held you until you had grown


I held you while I heard them speak,
the women who loved you so
I held you while your name was given
why God chose me I may never know


I am another who held you close
while God granted us your time
I prepared your feeds and nursed your hurts
For those moments, you were mine


God also chose me to hold you dear
for a season of your days
I carried you as we left the land of your birth
and held you along the way


I held you Sabrina close to my heart
Photographs of you play through my mind
I fought so hard to bring you here
Doing the work God assigned


God called me to hold His child
A baby in need of care
All night and day I watched over you
for that time I was there


God chose me to pick you baby
to keep you as my own
I was to be your mommy here
how I wanted to give you a home


God chose each of us sweet Sabrina girl
To walk your road with you
God placed in our arms an angel of his
Until your time was through


He gave you a life, He gave us a passion
and somehow the two paths crossed
He gave you breath, He gave us vision
And through it your story will never be lost


1 Send Your Love Here:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem! My name is Sabrina Hope and I think that my mother would love this poem. Whoever wrote this is extremly gifted!
Thank you for sharing this amazing poem!