Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wren Dawn


Wren Dawn
Born Sleeping March 4, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada

I thought of you and closed my eyes

And prayed to God today

I asked, "What makes a Mother?"

And I know I heard him say

A Mother has a baby

This we know is true

But, God, can you be a mother

When your baby's not with you?



Yes, you can he replied

With confidence in his voice

I give many women babies

When they leave it is not their choice

Some I send for a lifetime

And others for the day

And some I send to feel your womb

But there's no need to stay.



I just don't understand this God

I want my baby here



He took a breath

and cleared his throat

And then I saw a tear

I wish I could show you

What your child is doing Here



If you could see your child smile

With other children and say

"We go to earth to learn our lessons

of love and life and fear,

but My mommy loved me so much

I got to come straight here!"

I feel so lucky to have a Mom who

had so much love for me

I learned my lessons very quickly

My Mommy set me free.

I miss my Mommy oh so much

But I visit her each day

When she goes to sleep

On her pillow is where I lay

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek

And whisper in her ear

"Mommy, Please don't be sad today

I'm your baby and I am here"



So you see my dear sweet one

Your children are okay

Your babies are here in My home

And this is where they'll stay

They'll wait for you with Me

Until your lessons there are through

And on the day that you come home

they'll be at the gates waiting for you



So now you see

What makes a Mother

It's the feeling in your heart

It's the love you had so much of

Right from the very start



~Author Unknown


1 Send Your Love Here:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem for you and your sweet baby. Helps bring me comfort for my own daughter.