Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laurence David Harris


Laurence David Harris
25th January 2011
Melbourne

I chose you
In seeking you I combed through all and sundry
Fishing through an unending, bottomless sea such was the magnitude of my calling
Long, slow and arduous was the search for my roots, my heritage, my love
You cannot rush, hurry and hasten the most important decision of all
Nor can you underestimate the power of this choice
And there you were - both of you
Just as I had pictured - hearts overflowing with love
There was no stifling my delight in unearthing my mother and father, my wellspring, my life source
I had found where I wanted to be - make no mistake, there was no fluke in that
I knew the brevity of my time here meant I needed to make each second count
From the time I was but an egg myself I began my task
Planting seeds of love, happiness and joy in your hearts
I know you felt this as I could feel it too
They say those not here for long have the purest of souls - too pure for earth
We take only a moment to do what takes others a lifetime
I know there will forever be a tear in your heart due to my leaving this worldly existence so soon
Never was it my intent to drown you in sorrow
I strove to bring you love, joy and happiness - even if for a moment
But whilst I am gone I am not
Please water the buds I planted so they can continue to blossom, flower and thrive
I am always with you - my seeds have been sown
I love you both very much
And remember - I chose you

© Alicia Trout 2011

12 Send Your Love Here:

Sofia said...

Darling little Laurence,

I love you with every inch of my aching body.
I love you with a depth I never knew existed.

Mummy is kissing you and holding you safe sweetheart,
and Daddy is singing to you as he did for nine months.

We miss you more than all the fishes in the sea.
xxx

Laura said...

I think about you every day Laurence. You are a very special boy and I will hold you in my heart forever.

L x

Dandy Dodo said...

wonderful little soul, I am sad to have never spent time with you..your Mummy and Daddy are beautiful people and are richer for having had you if only for a moment, you will be in our hearts always

much love
B&D
xx

Elaine said...

Dearest Laurence,
How quietly you tiptoed into our world
Softly, only a moment you stayed,
But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts,

Darling little boy we love you and will never ever forget you. You will be a very special member of our family forever,

Love always and forever,

Your Brixham family x x x x x

Tracey said...

Lovely Laurence
What a wonderful special boy you are. I wish you could have stayed a while and I would have had chance for a cuddle. Thank you for all the love you bought with you into this world - you filled your mummy and daddy's hearts forever and touched so many more. I hope you feel the love we send your way every day and it makes you fly a little higher.
Love Always XXX

Teresa said...

Our precious little Grandson Laurence; how we longed for you, how we love you and how we miss you so much. Forever in our hearts.
Dearest Laurence our lives will go on but will be so much sadder. Fly high little one.

Love Grandma and Grandad
XXX

Shannon said...

Little LD...what a beautiful sunset you chose to show your mummy and daddy.
You are the most loved little possage in the whole world. I hope that you have found true peace angel-pie.
All my love to your beautiful mummy and daddy.
Lots of love,
Shannon

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful little boy; you will live on in the hearts of all those who love you forever!

Unknown said...

Your time here was so short but you have changed the Energy here forever, and imprinted your presence on this Earth. You have enriched the lives of those you touched, and will always be in our thoughts. Sending love to you and those you leave behind, especially Mummy and Daddy, Christine xxx

Sally said...

Darling Laurence,
You have changed me- I believe I am a stronger and better person because of you and your amazingly beautiful and loving mummy and daddy.
Your love is felt both here in Australia and worldwide- you are one powerful possage!
I will love you always.
Aunty Sal xxx

Unknown said...

Precious Laurence,
you will be loved and cherished always, forever in the hearts of those that you have touched.
With much love from
Sarah, Jonnie and Jasper xxx

Rob said...

Thinking of you every day my little nephew.
You're only small but you've left a giant footprint.
Hearts still ache for you, but you'll remain with us forever.
We're richer for your short time with us.
Lots of love,
Uncle Rob