Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Memphis Lee Shepherd


Memphis Lee Shepherd
Became an Angel 10th May 2009.
Australia

I thought of you and closed my eyes and prayed to God today,
I asked "What makes a Mother?" and I know I heard Him say,
A Mother has a baby, this we know is true,
But God, Can you be a Mother when your baby's not with you?
Yes you can, He replied, with confidence in His voice,
I give many women babies, when they leave is not their choice,
Some I send for a lifetime, others for a day,
And some I send to feel your womb, but there's no need to stay.
I just don't understand this Lord, I want my baby here!
He took a breath and cleared His throat and then I saw the tear,
I wish that I could show you what your child is doing today,
If you could see your child smile with other children and say,
'We go to Earth to learn our lessons of love and life and fear,
My Mummy loved me oh so much I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a mum who had so much love for me,
I learned my lessons very quickly, my Mummy set me free.
I miss my Mummy oh so much, but I visit her each day,
When she goes to sleep, on her pillow's where I lay,
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear,
Mummy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here'.
So you see, my dear sweet one, your children are ok,
Your babies are here in my home, and this is where they'll stay.
They'll wait for you with me, until your lesson's through,
And on the day I call you home they'll be at the gates for you.
So now you know what makes a Mother,
It's the feeling in your heart,
It's the love you had so much of, right from the very start.
Though some on Earth may not realise until their time is done,
Remember all the love you have,
And you ARE a special mum!!

To our Princess in the sky - Memphis,
Mummy and Daddy love you more than words can say!
Sweet dreams baby girl xxxxxxxxxx

2 Send Your Love Here:

Anonymous said...

i am very sorry for your loss...i have been blessed with a beautiful son ... you poem moved me to tears and makes me hold him close... again very sorry

Christy said...

I really liked that poem. I am goingn to keep it forever. thanks so much for sharing. I am so sorry for your Memphis.
xxxooo