Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jonathan Lee Petri



Jonathan Lee Petri

Born into heaven October 3, 2005
Stafford, Virginia

We dreamed of you, Daddy's little golfer, Mommy's little preacher, Jared, Janae, and Jonah's little brother

God doesn’t promise us that bad things will never happen or that we will never have to live through the death of one of our children. His promise to us is that when our world crumbles, we’ll be held. I had convinced myself that my Jonathan was going to be a preacher and that our 3rd little boy was meant to do big and wonderful things for the Lord. Maybe this will be the only message little Jonathan ever delivers. Maybe his message is this. We will have tragedy and sorrow in our lives. We won’t always be rescued from nightmares in life. We will lose those we love, but if our lives are built on God’s foundat ion and our faith is in him, we can trust that we will be held in the arms of God through it all. He would ask us to look inside ourselves to see what is the foundation of our lives, where is our faith, does Christ live in our hearts.

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings
My soul clings to you, your right hand upholds me
Psalm 63:7-8

2 Send Your Love Here:

Sherry said...

My sweet boy, I have your picture on the beach. Thank you Carly. This means more than you know.

twintrips said...

Sherry: being held is such a wonderful feeling. I can imagine Jesus holding all our babies and the comfort they must feel. I'm so glad to share this with you.

Janet