Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Presly Layne Redmon


Presly Layne Redmon
Born into Heaven on April 17, 2008

I'll lend you for a little while,
A child of mine, He said.
For you to love the while she lives,
and mourn for when she's dead.
In maybe six or seven years,
Or maybe twenty-two or three.
But will you 'til I call her back
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms, to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief.
You'll have her lovely memories
Of solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught them there
I want this child to learn.

I looked the wide world over
In my search for teachers true,
And from these throngs that crows life's lanes
I have selected you.
Now will you give her all your love,
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call,
And take her back again?

I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done.
For all the joy the child shall bring
The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness.
We'll love her while we may.
And for the happiness we've known
Forever grateful stay."

But should an angel come to call
Much sooner than we'd planned.
We'll brave the bitter grief, Dear Lord,
And try to understand.

We only got to hold you for a little while but you will forever be in our hearts.
We love you and miss you always!


0 Send Your Love Here: