Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Hamlet Jack and Colette Mia Carpenter




Hamlet Jack Carpenter

born at 21 weeks and 4 days
on March 15, 2005 at 9:17pm
and died 36 minutes later


I am not alone, and never will be -
your absence is my company

- Claribel Alegria


Colette Mia Carpenter

with us for 2 1/2 weeks
miscarried on September 24, 2006


She welcomes hello
with eyelashes that blink
in waves
and I am the shore,
the resting place for her smile.

She shrinks
with fragile breath
bolstered by a long silver cord,
as if connected to heaven.
God makes oxygen machines.

She says bye
but my stomach says
wait,
and I wonder when I return
if she'll be here.

Empty space
will wave to me.
A hurricane
with a magnitude of years.
And the richter scale of sobs
will be shooting off the charts.

-Judith Pordon


Maryland, USA

1 Send Your Love Here:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. <3