Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Monday, December 1, 2008

December Newsletter


Dear Friends


We are now into December. We want to thank all the families and friends who contacted us in November with their children's names. You can search for your child's post by writing their name in the search blog section on the top left hand side of this page. We hope that you will continue to come and visit the seashore here.
We stil have few more requests to complete for November. The wait should not be too much longer.
We want to thank everyone for their patience when it came to all the problems we had with our email.

Music Change

We have created a song book of Christmas carols for this month. If you would prefer to listen to the regular song book, you can find it at the bottom of the page.

Holidays

We will be taking a break from name requests over the Christmas and New Year period. The last day of requests that we will be taking is Friday December 19th 2008. We will be back in the New Year to start again on Monday January 5th 2009.

The Butterfly Haven

Erika Finn has created The butterfly Haven

Erika lost her sweet girls Vivian and Annemarie on July 12, 2008. Through her grief she has created an online community dedicated to providing support for pregnancy and infantloss. Losing children will leave you feeling incredibly lonely. This place will wrap a warm blanket of Peace and Hope around you. It is a place of safetly for you to share your heart and meet others that are walking the same road that you are. Joining The Butterfly Haven is free, you will need to sign up. This is to keep the haven secure. Thank you Erika, for using your grief to help so many others. You are a blessing to all who know you.

Beauty in the Breakown

Stephanie's beautiful daughter Madeline was silently born on January 5th 2007, one week after her due date. In the wake of Madeline's passing Stephanie has created Beauty in the Breakown "A collection of honest artwork and poetry from families who have lost a child"

"After the initial shock and numbness wore off I was flooded with intense emotions and I desperately needed a release. I began playing the African drums. It felt amazing to channel my anger and frustration by beating the drums with my hands, but I had more than just aggression that I needed to release. I began painting and sculpting and writing. Once I began creating I couldn’t stop. I made enough pieces to fill an entire gallery and I created an art exhibit entitled Beauty In The Breakdown."

Please visit Beauty In The Breakdown and view the art that has been created by heartbroken families. You are welcome to submit your own artwork to to Stephanie. Her email address can be found on her art page.

A story for December

The Starfish Saver

As I walked along the seashore, this young boy greeted me.
He was tossing stranded starfish back to the deep blue sea.
I said "Tell me why you bother, why you waste your time this way.
There's a million stranded starfish, does it matter, anyway?"
And he said, "It matters to this one. It deserves a chance to grow.
It matters to this one. I can't save them all I know.
But it matters to this one, I'll return it to the sea.
It matters to this one, and it matters to me

A note from Carly

I have a few people that I would like to mention in this newsletter.

First on the list is my Dad, Red Gibson, Thank you Dad for putting in so many hours of your precious time to help us with this memorial page. You have been here at the drop of the hat when we have had a problem. I am so proud to call such a lovely kind hearted and very genorous man my Father.

John Morrow, My uncle. Thank you for all your wisdom and advice when it comes to running this project effiently. You have put in too many hours to help us and we are so grateful.

Anne Gibson, my Annie, my Mum, Thank you for all your proof reading and thank you for writing the perfect words to go under our title. Where would I be with out you!

To my sweetest friends, Melissa Conner, Tara Conradt, Sally Heppleston, Candi Vincent, Adrienne Graves, Louisa Line, Erika Finn, Sheryl and Laura Huene. Thank you for your continuous love, support and ongoing encouragement. Each of you ladies have played a role in helping to make this dream a reality.

Final Word

We wanted to wish you all a very gentle and safe Christmas. We pray that the New Year brings everyone hope, healing and happiness. Please come back and visit our memorial page around Christmas eve for a very special Christmas message. We will be releasing balloons at the beach for all the familys left behind. Thank you to everyone that has visited, spread the word, emailed a request or sent us encouragment. Thank you for helping us to remember our son. This place started from a sweet dream. It goes to show that dreams really can come true.

With Much Hope And Peace

From Carly, Sam, Scarlett and River

6 Send Your Love Here:

Anonymous said...

I too would like to thank YOU and all who have helped you - our baby's name hasn't been written yet but somehow I already take comfort in seeing other's baby's names.
You have no idea (you might have an inkling) of how much you are helping people!
I wish I had a beautiful beach to help you write names - but since I do not -I make prayer shawls to donate to the hospital for mothers who have lost their babies. You have inspired me to find someway to help others through my own upset. And it honors my son -Xavier Orion!
Thanks again Carly and Gang!:)

Carly Marie said...

Dear Shelley,

We have written Xavier's name! Go to the top of the page and type his name into the search blog section at the very top left hand side. It will come up for you!

Thank you for your sweet words. Keep up your great and beautiful work too!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Much Love,

Carly x

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dream came true Carly! Thank you for all you've done. I'm honored to have "met" you...and I look forward to where the path of life takes you :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Carly, thank you so so much for writting our daughters name "Sienna Grace Shepherd" in the sand. It means alot to us to have something to hold on to. We will treasure it always!
I have gained alot of strength from your site and your words. I wish you and your beautiful family all the joy and happiness this christmas. From the bottom of my heart to yours - thank you and god bless, Lisa & Ron Shepherd xo

Carly Marie said...

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really mean so much to us. WE are so happy that you like her photo!

Merry Christmas,

Warm wishes,

Carly and Family x

Dear Mel...............

YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU!

SirRabbit said...

Dear Cary, Sam, Scarlett, River and Christian...Thank you so very much for making a difference in peoples lives, for doing so inspirational and so full of hope and beautiful support, what you are doing is such a HUGE "WAVE" of kindness, hope and inspiration, thank you for caring about our children, our babies and most of all Happy Christmas...
Love Louxxx